Webb Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for websites, forums and blog design and promotion [FORUMOTION & TOPIXCUBE FORUM SUPPORT ONLY]

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Daily Deal Software as an Advertising Strategy
Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 6:26 am by berolba

» HI every one
Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:22 am by tdbnz

» The benefits of daily deal websites
Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:16 am by zyril27

» Topoisomerase II; Clone 3F6
Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:43 am by EconoTekAlk-PhosAnti-Poly

» What Console?
Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 3:43 am by BaileeRacer

» What is your favorite music?
Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 3:25 am by BaileeRacer

» What Are You Doing Today?
Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:53 am by Bison1988

» Best Sport?
Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:43 am by Bison1988

» Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services and Volunteer Program Assistant
Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:17 pm by Steele99

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates

Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...

Go down 
+4
McStormify
Gasol_The_Great
Themisd
Saohc
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Saohc
Saohc

AC : 322

Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Apperantly something happened to AH, some hacker got in and destoryed all of the posts in the packages area..

The original post:
Quote :

Hey there our fellow members.
I have to announce some very sad news...

As some of you already noticed, we`ve lost quite a bit of posts...
That includes our whole package section along with some threads and posts from our staff room.
Also some of our members have been banned by the hacker who did this all.

As I saw the moderator log, I think gasol_the_great, one of our packagers account have been hacked and that`s the reason we lost "only" those specific posts (it could have been worse). I had no choice but to ban that account.

As this is a matter of security loops, I decided not to inform our "real" gasol about his account from our site. I also did not unban our unfortunate members yet. I need to wait for some confirmation from the other members of the staff to think out some proper solution.

I/We are terribly sorry about any inconvenience it caused to any of you. We are already working on a way to restore our lost content.

Sincerely:
The Staff of Advertise Hotspot.

Now, apperantly they are blaming me for it..

I haven't even been on Advertise Hotspot today and I don't even know how to hack..

They are intent on me causing the problem..

Well, guys, you better watch out, gasol_the_great may have registered on your forum, so change your passwords, in case this hacker decides to attack your forums, I'm going back to mine to make a backup of my forum.

But, seriously, I never had anything to do with this..
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Themisd
Administrator
Administrator
Themisd

AC : 620

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:10 pm

it cant be the end Sad((
Back to top Go down
https://webbdesign.darkbb.com
Saohc
Saohc

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:11 pm

Well, I guess this is life..

I guess this hacker wants everyone to accept reality..

Well, the hacker deleted the review I requested for my forum last week, so he probably hates me too.
Back to top Go down
Saohc
Saohc

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Sorry, to double post..

But it looks like AH is trying to fight back, posts in the package area seemed to returned...

Oh, well they just disappeared again...

the hacker seems to be putting up quite a fight, come on AH!
You can win this!
Back to top Go down
Themisd
Administrator
Administrator
Themisd

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:23 pm

yes you can!
Back to top Go down
Saohc
Saohc

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Let's play some music for the epic struggle of AH vs the hacker!

Also, seems the members are trying to fight back against the hacker, seems the hacker still won't give up.
Back to top Go down
McStormify
Administrator
Administrator
McStormify

AC : 33

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:08 pm

How do you know that we are fighting back? We are only fighting in the staff room, and you are not a staff member...

And Gasol would never ever hack a forum.
Back to top Go down
Themisd
Administrator
Administrator
Themisd

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:20 pm

no its cause all the spam posts i think
Back to top Go down
Joel

AC : 3

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:41 pm

Luigi, no one is blaming you. Even if we are, we are only giving false accusations. I don't blame anyone personally. I guess i picked the wrong staff members, or i just didn't warn them about their passwords. One for all, and all for one.

Advertise Hotspot is currently "under construction". I will be using this time to actually contact the administrators of Forumotion, and try my best to revive AH. Its really sad to see 50,000 posts all go down.

Once again, please, let's not point fingers. The investigations are still underway.
Back to top Go down
Gasol_The_Great

AC : 27

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Yes, I cant point figures any longer at this point either. Im sorry for being one of the ones who accused you, Luigi.

I assure you though, Joel, it wasn't one of the staff who did this. According to Cafetin, it was oliver and some other person who hacked AH. Apparently they are the ones who hacked the entire Forumotion system awhile back.

Besides, since they hacked quite a few accounts over the past few days, I would guess they are pretty experienced Forumotion hackers...

Hopefully they will get tired and leave us alone.
Back to top Go down
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Yes. They target big boards Smile
Back to top Go down
Saohc
Saohc

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Well, at least The Blitzkampf(my forum) isn't big(Although I want it to be) and at least it isn't on forummotion.
Back to top Go down
Gasol_The_Great

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:58 pm

Well, Im hoping everything can get figured out soon...

I want to get back to my Packagers job! Very Happy

Lol, what a crazy birthday Razz
Back to top Go down
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Yea, don't worry, i'm not blaming anyone Wink
Back to top Go down
Gasol_The_Great

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 10:08 pm

Well you do need to blame someone...the hacker! Razz

Whoever he/she/they may be.

Maybe Forumotion can check their data and find his IP address. Assuming he doesnt use proxy, we would be in business!

The only thing I was able to find out was that (I believe) the hacker is located in the UK. Because I noticed everytime he was online, it showed the location for micro1000 was in England but he lives in Serbia.
Back to top Go down
Saohc
Saohc

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Yeah, but if he uses proxy, it'll be a little harder to ban his IP.
Back to top Go down
Gasol_The_Great

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:12 pm

Well who knows, maybe we'll get lucky Razz
Back to top Go down
Soul Eater
Soul Eater

AC : 50

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:13 pm

I got onto the chatbox when the hack was happening. I saw Micro talking to cafetin, Some one hacked Mircos account an they were talking about joining a forum to give our forum back.
Back to top Go down
Saohc
Saohc

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Gasol_The_Great wrote:
Well who knows, maybe we'll get lucky Razz
Well, you never know..

Hackers know to use proxies.
Back to top Go down
Gasol_The_Great

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:25 pm

Soul Eater wrote:
I got onto the chatbox when the hack was happening. I saw Micro talking to cafetin, Some one hacked Mircos account an they were talking about joining a forum to give our forum back.
Yeah, I showed up right after it started...

Did they mention which forum they wanted people to join? It should be reported
Back to top Go down
Saohc
Saohc

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Well, if they were trying to smear my name, it would be my forum, "The Blitzkampf"..

But since the hacker hates everyone, including me,then your guess is good as mine.
Back to top Go down
Cafetin

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:40 pm

Gasol_The_Great wrote:
Soul Eater wrote:
Yeah, I showed up right after it started...

Did they mention which forum they wanted people to join? It should be reported
Yes. They tried to bribe me to join a random forum with no posts (i guess they just made that to p**s me off) and make 1 post. They told that they will restore AH if I do. Of course I didn`t go into that cause they would have just come back again and again. So I told them to go to ~I will censore this~.

And yes, one of them told me that he lives in England... He answered my question: "Which city are you living in?" which was a test to see if the real micro is there. And damn, they don`t even know the difference between a city and a country. What idiots.

Anyway... Joel, can you keep me updated on this? And did you reported to forumotion that the only way I could stop this was if I had the access to the admin panel, but I could not go into it. And they should stop blaming the users because of their own fault. Idiots too.

I`m sorry but I will not lie to anybody. That`s what I think.
Back to top Go down
Soul Eater
Soul Eater

AC : 50

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 12:54 am

They didnt mention the forum. But i tryed to create a thread and the hackers gt on to me and abnned me saying p**s off
Back to top Go down
Gasol_The_Great

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:20 am

Saohc, I seriously doubt the hacker did all this just to smear your name. It was just your bad luck that you somewhat fit the profile of the perp, and some of us (including myself) jumped to conclusions.

After seeing how things played out, I have to doubt that the hacker had anything against the site or any of its members personally. It seems as thought he targeted AH simply because it was a large forum.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Reviewer
Reviewer
Ninja

AC : 46

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:26 am

Gasol, that was funny last night.. but such a shame AH was hacked Sad
Back to top Go down
http://webdesignz.createforum.eu
Themisd
Administrator
Administrator
Themisd

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:26 am

lets just hope for the best for AH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...   Something happened to Advertise Hotspot... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Something happened to Advertise Hotspot...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next